What can you learn in your student days, which is less easy in your work life?
There is room for:
– Trial and error
– Flexibility in time and responsibilities
– Free opportunities to develop yourself in and next to your studies; sports, graduating cum laude, active in associations etc.
If you are given a beautiful gift, you will open it and use it right? By using these opportunities, I have been able to develop myself into a more well-rounded conscious person and I would like to make this possible for everyone else as well.
I started as a small, ignorant and occasionally stressed girl with a fixed mindset in a new city and have been able to develop into an interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial, involved, continuously improving, reflective, open-minded, balanced and sustainable student. Spoiler: there is no magic spell or one specific approach that will make this happen in practice. However, there are several tools we can facilitate to make this process easier.
I managed this by using, among other things, the following tools:
– Being able to follow separate courses
– Encouragement of personal development in areas where your own passion lies
– Good sports facilities
– Mindfulness course
– Teamwork with people from different cultural backgrounds
I would like to facilitate these and other appropriate tools, together with DAS, for every student.
Noting that this will always happen with a dash of Frisian realistic sobriety.
Energetic and sustainable development!